Platelet-rich plasma consists of two elements: plasma, or the liquid portion of blood, and platelets, a type of blood cell that plays an important role in healing throughout the body. Platelets are well-known for their clotting abilities, but they also contain growth factors that can trigger cell reproduction and stimulate tissue regeneration or healing in the treated area. Platelet-rich plasma is simply blood that contains more platelets than normal.
To create platelet-rich plasma, our Medical Director will take a blood sample from the patient and place it into a device called a centrifuge that rapidly spins the sample, separating out the other components of the blood from the platelets and concentrating them within the plasma.
How does the Plasma Dark Circles treatment work?
- Platelet rich Plasma (PRP) uses the patient’s own blood which is put in a centrifuge to separate out this growth factor containing component.
- The PRP is injected under the eye area to promote healing, increase blood flow and stimulate collagen for more healthier skin.
- Think about when we get a cut in the skin and how the body heals itself.
- Growth factors and stem cells promote skin healing.
- The result is thicker, brighter and tighter skin.
- The treatment can be used as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with home care eye serums and creams.
- Published medical literature confirms the safety and use of PRP.
Who is suitable for the treatment?
- The treatment is suitable for anyone who has dark eye circles and self-conscious about them.